Britney Spears gives up for #FreeBritney
It’s not even November yet, but Britney spears feels grateful.
“# FreeBritney movement… I have no words… because of you and your constant resilience to free me from my tutelage… my life is now in this direction !!!!! she wrote Monday, against a short video which may seem familiar, but which is particular in its variation: Britney looking straight at the camera posing in a loop. Sometimes she wears a red cropped peasant top and denim shorts, sometimes she wears a yellow or printed cropped peasant top. In this video the top is white and the soundtrack is Kanye west‘s “Fade”.
“I cried last night for two hours because my fans are the best and I know it,” she added. “I feel your heart and you feel mine… I know it’s true !!!!!”
Spears was on vacation in French Polynesia when the Los Angeles Superior Court officially ruled Wednesday in favor of what fans his lawyer Matthieu Rosengart, and Spears fought for – that is, to suspend his father, Jamie Spears, of his tutelage. He no longer has the last word on his daughter’s finances.
The thanks were well received by commentators who numbered in the thousands and included other famous faces like the sisters Cyrus, Vera Wang, and Carole Radziwill. (The #FreeBritney movement has undoubtedly had an influence in attracting attention and putting pressure on the court, and many of its members also give credit to the nearest, Rosengart who, according to the Los Angeles Magazine, has been nicknamed “Rosengod”. Between Spears and Rosengart, the fandom now has its queen and daddy too.)
Perhaps as a sign of reciprocity, she put a “tough spot” on fans in a following post: Where should she and her fiancé Sam asghari marry? They can’t decide, she admitted, to get married in Italy, Greece, Australia or New York. Asghari commented with an oar of American Flag emojis, but you can express yourself in the comments as well.
More great stories from Vanity Fair
– Met Gala 2021: See the best dressed stars on the red carpet
– The tests of Diet Prada
– 2021 Emmys: Check Out All The Red Carpet Looks
– Longtime Anthony Bourdain director and producer releases memoir
– 2021 Met Gala American Theme Winners: Who Done It Best?
– In the Hermès workshop which manufactures its iconic bags
– Love is a crime: In one of Hollywood’s craziest scandals
– The best beauty moments from the 2021 Emmy Awards
– Ted Lasso: How to dress like Keeley and Rebecca
– Archives: Influencers on the Côte d’Utopia
– Subscribe to “The Buyline” to receive a list of fashion, book and beauty shopping in a weekly newsletter.