Evonik has signed a purchase agreement to acquire privately held technology-focused company Infinitec Activos, further strengthening its portfolio of system solutions.
WHO: Infinitec Activos is a Spanish private technology-driven company founded in 2004 that focuses on the development and production of new asset delivery systems for cosmetic active ingredient applications.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The company is active in more than 100 countries around the world and generated a turnover of 12.2 billion euros and an operating result (adjusted EBITDA) of 1.91 billion euros in 2020 with approximately 33 000 employees.
WHY: This latest acquisition continues the transfer of Evonik’s Nutrition & Care life sciences division portfolio to system solutions, which are characterized by high growth prospects and above-average margin potential. Nutrition & Care aims to increase the share of system solutions it offers from 20% today to more than 50% by 2030.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS: âProven active release systems offer great opportunities to innovate new cosmetic ingredients with scientifically proven claims. This allows our personal care customers to differentiate themselves, âsaid Yann d’HervÃ©, head of Evonik’s Care Solutions business line.
“We are convinced that the synergies created will not only bring benefits to our customers and both companies, but also create new opportunities across the entire value chain of the personal care and beauty market,” said Alfonso Hidalgo, partner of Infinitec Activos SL.
- Evonik acquires cosmetics delivery company Infinitec Activos.
- The acquisition includes 47 employees working at the company’s headquarters in Barcelona Science Park, its manufacturing plant in MontornÃ©s del VallÃ¨s (Spain) and its producer of natural raw materials, Naturethic.
- Infinitec Activos will be integrated into the Care Solutions division of the Nutrition & Care division of Evonik, in addition to the active distribution systems acquired in 2017.
- With its portfolio of active ingredients of natural origin and its seven delivery systems, the integration of Infinitec Activos into the Care Solutions business line strengthens Evonik’s position as a partner in sustainable specialties, while at the same time strengthening the vast technological platform of Nutrition & Care.
- By combining its existing portfolio of assets with the new delivery systems, Care Solutions’ abilities to generate new concepts for scientifically substantiated consumer cosmetic claims are significantly enhanced. The integration and deployment on the existing platform of cosmetic solutions offer a strong potential for synergy.